John Vigar is a popular and charismatic tour guide with over 40 years experience showing people around historic churches.
John leads many private tours for The Arts Society (NADFAS), U3A, WI, National Trust and Historical Society groups throughout the year. His most popular are church tours where he arranges a day itinerary and personally guides your group around four churches in an area of your choice. John choose the churches, arranges for them to be open, suggests coffee, lunch and tea stops and introduces each one to your group. As John has visited and recorded nearly 13,000 churches in England and Wales the tours can take place anywhere!
FOR INDIVIDUALS and COUPLES
John is increasingly asked by visitors from abroad if he can drive them around England and Wales. He is pleased to arrange itineraries to suit your calendar and interests. These are particularly popular for those wishing to visit the burial places of their ancestors, or wishing to discover more about a particular area of the country. Accommodation is arranged in the type of establishment you request – from B&Bs to 5 star hotels. John delights in driving guests through the countryside, telling them the history of the places he drives through and the buildings visited. He is fully insured. Please contact John for an initial discussion.
- John Vigar showing a group round Wimborne St Giles Dorset John Vigar showing a group round Wimborne St Giles Dorset
- John Vigar shows a medieval brass to visitors in Sussex John Vigar shows a medieval brass to visitors in Sussex
- John Vigar shows historic Llantrisant Church on Anglesey John Vigar shows historic Llantrisant Church on Anglesey
- John Vigar’s church tours in deepest Shropshire John Vigar’s church tours in deepest Shropshire
- John Vigar’s church tours in picturesque Anglesey John Vigar’s church tours in picturesque Anglesey